Entrecôte in roast beef style with onions
Ingredients (for 4 people) 1 kg entrecôte steak 800 g onions 30 g tomato puree ⅛ litre red wine ½ litre beef stock 2 cl oil for frying 2 tbsp. fat for frying 1 tbsp. strong mustard Lafina Natural Salt and pepper from a mill some flour
1. Rinse the meat with cold water and pat dry. Gently tap the meat to make it more tender and remove edges and tendons if required. Rub mustard in all over and season with Lafina Natural Salt and pepper. Pre-heat the oven to 80 or 90 degrees.
2. Heat some fat in a pan and sear the meat over a high heat for one minute on each side. Place the meat in a casserole dish and put it to one side.
3. Peel the onions and cut into rings. Heat some fat in a pan and add half the onions. Fry until golden brown. Add the tomato puree and fry on a gentle heat, then add the red wine. Fry until dark in colour. Then add the stock. Bring to the boil, then pour the onions and sauce over the meat.
4. Cover with foil and cook in the oven for 2 to 3 hours.
5. Dust the remaining onions with flour and fry in oil until crispy. Sprinkle over the meat before serving.
Preparation time: approx. 30 min
Entrecôte cooked au gratin with goat’s cream cheese, served with pepper sauce, green beans and potato wedges
Ingredients (for 4 People) 4 4 x160g steaks 200 g fresh goat’s cheese (roll) Lafina Natural Salt and pepper Mustard Oil for frying 2 tbsp. green pepper (preserved) 2 cl brandy 100 ml cream 100 ml juices from the meat 400 g green beans 1 onions 2 tbsp. cubed bacon 1 tbsp. butter 1 sprig of savory 400 g small potatoes 1 sprig of rosemary 1 garlic clove 1 tbsp. olive oil Lafina Natural Salt and pepper
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees.
Rinse the potatoes well, then halve and quarter them. Remove the rosemary leaves from their stalks and chop finely. Peel the garlic clove and crush with a knife. Season the oil with Lafina Natural Salt and pepper, then dip the potatoes in this mixture. Put the potatoes and garlic in a casserole dish and cook in the oven for 25 minutes on the fan setting and then a further 5 minutes on the upper heat setting.
2. Wash beans, remove the ends and blanch. Cube the onions. Melt the butter in a pan, add the cubed bacon and fry briefly. Add the beans and wait for them to heat through. Season with Lafina Natural Salt, pepper and the finely chopped savory.
3. Heat the oil in a pan and sear the meat on each side. Rub mustard in all over and season with Lafina Natural Salt and pepper. Cut the fresh goat’s cheese into slices and spread over the meat. Cook in the oven with the fan and grill settings on at the same time (if you are unable to use these two settings at the same time, use the fan setting first, then cook au gratin using the grill or upper heat setting) for 8 minutes at 160 degrees. Remove the meat from the pan. Add the pepper to the pan, fry briefly and then add the brandy. Add the meat juices and cream and bring everything to the boil.
4. Put the potatoes and beans on the plate, place the meat on top of the beans and then pour the pepper sauce over the meat.
Preparation time: approx. 40 min
Sirloin steak sandwich
Ingredients (for 2 people) 1 pickled gherkin ½ apple 100 g mayonnaise 2 tbsp. yoghurt 2 tsp. horseradish Lafina Natural Salt 100 g cucumber 2 wholegrain bread 100 g sirloin steak ½ cress
1. Finely chop some pickled gherkin and apple. Mix in with mayonnaise, yoghurt, horseradish and Lafina Natural Salt.
2. Cut some cucumber into thin slices.
3. Toast some wholegrain bread in the toaster and spread the mayonnaise-apple-pickled gherkin mix on it. Serve with the sirloin steak and cucumber slices and sprinkle with cress.
Preparation time: approx. 20 min.
Roast sirloin of beef with pepper crust
Ingredients (for 8 people) 2,5 kg Roast sirloin of beef ½ tsp. black peppercorns ½ tsp. green peppercorns Lafina Natural Salt (coarse) 4 tbsp. olive oil 4 sprigs of rosemary ½ garlic bulb
1. Pre-heat oven to 140 degrees (fan oven not recommended).
2. Trim the sirloin of beef, i.e. remove the fat, fine membranes and any tendons with a sharp knife.
3. Grind both types of pepper using a mortar and pestle. Season the meat on one side only with Lafina Natural Salt (coarse) and half of the pepper mixture.
4. Heat a pan until very hot, add the oil to the hot pan and sear the meat on the seasoned side. Add the sprigs of rosemary and garlic bulb. Season the upper side of the meat with Lafina Natural Salt and the remaining pepper. Then turn the meat and sear on the other side. Remove the meat from the pan and place it on a piece of foil (preferably folded over several times) with the spices.
5. Place the foil with the sirloin of beef on a baking tray and cook it on the lowest shelf in the oven for 50 minutes. Then take it out of the oven, wrap in foil and leave to rest for 10 minutes.
6. Slice the roast sirloin of beef and serve with various sauces / dips. Roast potatoes also go well with it.
Preparation time: approx. 60 min.